Graphics are an important part of your online content. They make your articles more attractive and they draw readers to your content in a way that often works more effectively than if you merely had words on a page.
Using a graphics strategy
Graphic images are a wonderful tool to draw your target audience to you. It is important to remember you must not do things inadvertently. You should build an online social media marketing strategy that includes the use of graphics in a creative and effective manner. The use of graphic images should be an official part of your overall strategy. Human beings are attracted to pretty things. Of course, it goes without saying that the words you use in your online content are extremely important. However, the images will help to get people to notice what you are saying and will make them want to continue reading. This point is substantiated by the rise to power of such sites as Pinterest and other websites that rely heavily on graphics. Those websites are doing extremely well and have been gaining momentum since first introduced. The more people read your content, the more your chances are of eventually doing business with those people.
A connection between graphic images and ROI
It is a known fact there is a strong connection between graphic images and return on investment (ROI). People who associate images with products and/or services for sale tend to buy more of those products and/or services in the end. There are many different ways to make the most of images and to really get it to bring your business tremendous success.
• Customize your images to fit your marketing strategy: Whichever images you choose to associate with your brand and your business, it is critical they are an accurate representation of what your branding and business represent. It is important to be broad-minded when it comes to the images you use. In other words, you should not only consider photographs but other illustrations as well.
• Think about different types of visuals: Consider using infographics (or another similar graphic program). This is an excellent way to present several creative perspectives at the same time and it will really show people what you are capable of doing. It is important for you to understand that you may have to spend some money to make this happen, but you will hopefully feel that it was worth it in the end.
• Developing your strategy: It is critical to build in the graphic element to your overall online marketing strategy. You will undoubtedly need additional images at some point in the future so it is a great idea to develop a repository and start to store images you need eventually.
• Recycling already-existing content: You don’t always have to reinvent the wheel. You may already have in your possession a large amount (or at least some) content that you may be able to get a lot more mileage out of. A lot of the content you have used in the past may have no time sensitivity whatsoever and you can, theoretically, use it for as long as you want.
• Complement your content with appropriate graphic images: There are so many different images available for your use. However, it is very important to remember to make sure that the particular image that you want to use is either yours or is a part of public domain. Otherwise, you will need to seek permission and that might cost you some money.
• Repurpose your images: Just as you are able to repurpose your words (content), you are also able to repurpose your images. In fact, images are even easier to repurpose because there are so many that are not time specific. You should look at what you have and figure out which images can be used again in different contexts.
• Make sure they can find your images: It is important people have an easy time finding your images when they are looking for them. You want your images to be the ones that they see.
• Share your images: You should encourage other people to share your images with people they know. If you want the sharing to really occur, make sure that you give access to the appropriate buttons and use an effective call-to-action.
The use of graphics in your online content is a great way for your content to be noticed and shared with a large number of people. People will be attracted to your content and will pay attention to what you have to say if the content and images are appealing, interesting and educational. A picture really is worth a thousand words. The images your readers see in your content will stay with them for a long time. Graphics enhance and highlight the concepts that you have chosen to share with your writers through your written content.
Michael Cohn is the founder and chief technology officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications. He has more than 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies. We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a free assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.