The term “real-time” is basically a catchphrase that refers to the ability of setting tasks instantly or at the exact moment, they should be accomplished. And Web 2.0 has made it possible for individuals or businesses to gather or broadcast information, conversations or news instantly. Web design and development has indeed come a long way.
The Internet has become an open menu complete with all the dishes you want for your table of curiosity. Let me delight you by discussing some examples.
Real-Time Web Tools to Instantly Connect With the World!
If you are looking for news and events around the world today, real-time web tools provide you with options.
Google News – as the world’s number one search engine tool, Google has the ability to bring the latest news from around the globe. Google News provides expert opinions, relevant articles, and points of view from a variety of sources online. The Google interface gives you the option to select news editions from different countries worldwide.
AllVoices – a platform for contributors to share global news and exchange ideas. Reports
are posted automatically from news RSS feeds. Anyone can find or share news on AllVoices using SMS or via the website.
Worldometers – this site only extracts stats from trusted world institutions such as: the World Health Organization, United Nations, World Trade Organization, World Food Programme, etc.
Twitter is the face of real-time web tools today. This micro-blogging site provides users with limitless real-time content.
You can make the most of Twitter by using platforms such as:
* Trendsmap – allows you to see trends from around the globe, in your area or state. Trendsmap currently processes eighty million tweets per day. 120 countries with 1300 cities have pages in the site.
* Twitscoop – tracks what people are talking about on Twitter. Their system cuts tweets into tags and ranks them by frequency versus normal usage. Tweets are displayed according to your searched topic and results are refreshed automatically.
* Tinker – is another Twitter client that shows the latest Twitter buzz. You can follow an event stream, user or topic according to your preferred keywords. It can also be used to promote your own events.
Netizens (Internet Citizens) continue to grow in number which makes it possible to track, or find, people online easily in real-time using sites such as:
* Pipl – is a people search engine that delves deep into the web for information. The search results are pulled from databases, social networking services, etc.
* PeekYou – is another free people search engine that serves millions of visitors monthly. While Google looks at the probable association of a link with a keyword, PeekYou sees a link’s probable association with an individual.
* Spokeo – a people search engine that can be used to track individuals across 22 social networks without visiting each site individually. You can search people by name, phone number, address, email or username.
Sharing content is one of the well-known activities on the real-time web. It’s also a crucial function for business websites to promote their content to the world using “Share” buttons.
Share2Me – is a set of sharing tools that allow you to share your favorite stuff online with friends across multiple browsers and site platforms with just a few clicks.
FriendFeed – provides services that make it easier to share with people online. Users can invite friends and get customized feeds made from what they shared – videos, links, messages and photos. FriendFeed can be viewed and shared on mobile devices, via email or even on Facebook.
Wists (short for web lists) – is a site where you can find shareable stuff online to bookmark. Users can create wish lists of product images from any online store, organize a gallery of thumbnails with favorite stuff like songs, books or movie CD’s. Wists encourages the promotion and discovery of products, amateur designers, small manufacturers and retailers. Once signed up to Wists, you can add their button to your browser toolbar and share from there.
Real-time applications and web tools are important to anyone who wishes to stay current on breaking news and developments in a fast moving world.
Netizens are fortunate to benefit from what modern technology has to offer today. Nevertheless, it will always be the individual’s responsibility to use real-time apps and tools for the common good. As Peter Parker’s Uncle Ben said: “With great power comes great responsibility.”
Hi! I’m Jollie Garado and I’m interested in writing about technology and SEO – for the web developer, link builder or programmer to improve your small business.