Did you know every time you:
* Write a memo
* Create or record a webinar or teleseminar
* Write a blog post
* Record a video
* Create a PowerPoint presentation
… you are creating content. Have you ever wondered what else you could do with it?
Fortunately we can reuse or repurpose (Repackage) content and it can be done in many ways.
For example, you can take one blog post that may have several bulleted or numbered items within the post and then expand on each of the bullets or numbers in a new post.
You can then turn the posts into articles, videos, and audios for your market to review. There’s no limit on how you can repurpose your content.
Repurposing Your Content:
For your online business to grow and prosper, you need visibility. If no one knows you’re there… they can’t do business with you. Repurposing adds new life to your existing content and allows you to reach brand new audiences.
Repurposing your content allows you to take the information you already created and ‘repurpose’ it into another format for distribution.
For example: Notes taken at a webinar or meeting can become blog posts or a script for a video. Excerpts from an eBook can become articles. Not only does repurposing your content make sense, it also gives you much broader reach with your target markets.
Visitors have different preferences on how they like to receive information:
* Some prefer written content
* Some prefer to listen to content (audio)
* Some prefer to see your content (video)
Visitor preference is why you should create content in as many different formats as possible.
6 Ways Content Can Be Delivered and Repurposed:
* Blog posts - Huge resource for articles, tweets, Facebook posts, and videos.
* eBooks - Break down several parts or chapters of your eBook into different blog posts, articles or videos.
* Articles – Create blog posts and reports from your articles.
* Tweets – Create tweets from your articles or blog posts and link them to your articles or blog posts.
* Facebook posts – Facebook posts can be created from your content and then linked to your blog, article or video.
* Webinars/Teleseminars – Articles, blog posts, and relevant, helpful information make for great webinars/teleseminars.
No matter how you deliver content… it must first be written, even if it’s just an outline to follow or content for a video.
With repurposing strategies, you can make your content work harder for you! You can appeal to more people and a larger market, both foreign and domestic, just by re-formatting your content and tailoring it to the needs of specific groups of people.
You’ll find your content will pay for itself many times over when it’s repurposed in fresh and creative ways.
These are just a few suggestions for how you can repurpose your content. What other content formats can you think of for repurposing?
Livvie Matthews provides Social Media Training, Management, & Coaching solutions to businesses for in-house or outsourcing their social media programs. She is passionate about helping service professionals learn to draw clients into their space using the incredible power of Social Media & Internet Marketing! Email Livvie@simplesocialmedia.tv Visit: http://www.SimpleSocialMedia.TV